Some media apps, such as Netflix, recently started restricting their availability through the Google Play store on Android devices that provide root access. As a result, they cannot be updated automatically through Google Play and have to be manually updated by following these steps:
1) On NextD Player, visit http://nextdtv.com/appupdate through Chrome browser to display this page on big screen.
2) Once on the big screen, click the following links to download the latest app installation APK files
- For Netflix, https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/netflix-6-16-0-build-31511-release/netflix-6-16-0-build-31511-android-apk-download/download/
- For Apple Music, https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-2-6-0-release/apple-music-2-6-0-2-android-apk-download/download/
- For other apps that cannot be automatically updated through Google Play, you can find the latest versions at https://www.apkmirror.com
3) Return to the NextD home screen. Go into "All Apps" ->"AppInstaller", then run the APK files downloaded earlier to install the latest versions of apps.